Hi

All interesting stuff, and discussions

Hi

Postby Blackhawk » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:22 am

Hi all still out at work her at sea with my regular crappy internet.
Anybody tested the Dog fight module ?
Blackhawk
Guild Founder

Re: Hi

Postby AlexFreeman419 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:52 am

Hi there, DFM is pretty buggy ATM, after ~5 minutes everything starts to lag horribly. I'll try to test it more.
AlexFreeman419
Guild Leader

Postby AlexFreeman419 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:17 am

Ok, now there is no game breaking lag, so I've played 3 waves of Vanduul Swarm. IMHO, it's quite hard to control ship (using mouse and keyboard and heavily relying on decoupled mode). Aurora cannot quickly enough adjust to constantly changing flight vectors, so it's hard to aim something, and things are getting worse when you run out of missiles(it's not easy to get a missile lock, too). It took me 20 minutes to finish those 3 waves because I wasn't able to aim properly. Also you cannot see readings of your monitors due to bad camera position, and switching to head look is suicide in combat situation. Another bad thing is bad controls-I wasn't able to turn off G-Safe mode because it required combination of two keys to do that-and rather than acting as an on/off switch, it was acting as a toogle, switching between few modes. You cannot handle such complex things in battle. Same thing with countermeasures.

tl;dr-Game is ok, but not great. Good luck in controlling your ship, you gonna need it.
AlexFreeman419
Guild Leader

Postby FreeDooom » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:16 am

Well good thing i'm buying a flight stick so i can have with it :D

Still no PC though so maybe tomorrow or day after that
hardly waiting to start playing
FreeDooom
Guild Leader

Postby Blackhawk » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:20 am

How big is the download ?
Blackhawk
Guild Founder

Postby FreeDooom » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:25 am

I thinks it's 2.5 GB or something like that... read it somewhere
FreeDooom
Guild Leader

Postby AlexFreeman419 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Update: Now I can handle my ship and blast something off the sky in less than 5 minutes! *applause*

I had to decrease my speed to uncomfortable 80 m/s (got used to Freelancer's 200 m/s PvP speed). Always having a feeling that I'm just sitting duck on that speed...however, Vanduul still can't get me most of the times. Maybe because they have to deal with their fighter's shifted gravity center? I wonder how they can even get anywhere near to actually fire something at me...

Decoupled mode benefits me so far...still, I have an uneasy feeling that you'll be able to rip my Aurora from engine to cockpit in a few seconds while I'll make my turn, especially at less than 80 m/s...

Game doesn't lag that heavily after I've went all the way to the low graphics settings. Still, everything looks quite nice.

About that autorepair and rearm stuff after boss wave-well, it's not present in the game, at least not yet, so your best option after receiving some critical damage is suicide...uhh, wait, let's rephrase it. Voluntary deintegration by collision with celestial body. That sounds better.

tl;dr-Now I suck less at flying and shooting! Less bugs! Moaning about 10+ year old game!
AlexFreeman419
Guild Leader

Postby Blackhawk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Seen some youtube vids of the gameplay and it looks nice. cant wait to get back home to test it.
Blackhawk
Guild Founder

Postby FreeDooom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:20 pm

well my days are pasinng in silent wait for new PC... i'm so sad but at the same time so happy that i will get new pc one of these days ... the question is when
FreeDooom
Guild Leader

Postby AlexFreeman419 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Got an invite to pre-alpha multiplayer. Crashes and disconnects, even my ship hates me and doesn't let me in. Got only ~5 minutes of pure gameplay, didn't managed to kill anyone.
AlexFreeman419
Guild Leader

Return to Off-Topic